It happens to the best of us. One moment we have information, the next it is gone. It can be disheartening to lose content but thanks to some cool apps, we never have to be in that helpless position again. Let’s take a look at some of today’s most useful apps for data recovery:
- Disk Drill– This Mac data recovery software is free and protects files that have been accidently deleted. Recovery Vault finds lost information on Mac disks. This software comes with S.M.A.R.T., a disk monitoring system that notifies you on the health of your hardware. To download, click here.
- VirtualLab Data Recovery retails at under $40 and supports all sorts of data, including NTFS, FAT and FAT-32. If you have lost information on your pen drive or memory cards, like the one in your camera, you will be able to retrieve it here. To download, click here.
- TestDisk, an open source tool, lets you recover files but also helps you build your boot sector and copy files that have been deleted onto recovery media. You can also go through partitions so you can find data in many formats. To download, click here.
- PhotoRec comes with TestDisk and is great if you don’t need in-depth recovery. Use it to find information in pictures, video and hard disks. To download, click here.
- File Scavenger is a data recovery utility that helps you get data from corrupt volumes. It can be used for Vista, XP and others. It comes in many languages. For all of you who have lost data after you’ve emptied the Recycle Bin, Scavenger is a heaven-send. To download, click here.
- Recuva uses Windows to rebuild your files with the help of the file-recovery wizard or the application’s manual mode. You can retrieve information from your memory card or your MP3, among others. To download, click here.
- BootSuite 2012 provides repair functions but it also has the ability to correct boot problems, addresses blue screen issues and figures out lost Windows passwords. If your computer has crashed or your hard drive is in trouble, you can download BootSuite, put it on a USB drive or CD, plug it into your computer and start it once more! To download, click here.
- Recover My Files can go through up to 200 file formats and tell you what’s missing. No matter how you’ve lost information; it could be a glitch in the technology, virus attack or a compromised hard disk, you can use this program to retrieve information. To download, click here.
- You can use Restoration for Windows and although it is a bit primitive in comparison to the others, it is useful to find files according to basic criteria for simple recovery or even on a formatted Flash card.
- Undelete Plus will read how far gone the files are and then tell you if recovery is, indeed, possible at all. To download, click here.
- Kernel Data Recovery works best with FAT and NTFS and can search lost data in these spaces. You might enjoy the array of products offered and choose one that fits the bill for you. Whether it is regarding OpenOffice documents or PDF or emails, you can actually choose what works best for you. To download, click here
As you can see these cool recovery apps can help you get lost information from your memory card, music player or PC. Surely this is reason enough to breathe a sigh of relief.
Author Bio:- This is a guest post by Jena Branch. She is a writer from Buycox.com and writes more about digital cable and high speed internet. To get more information, go to this link.