There are a number of news applications that are today. Some are worth downloading and some are not. Here are some of the best news applications that are recommended for iPhone, iPad and iTouch. Check back to see what other new iphone 3g accessories and apps are being offered.
Checkout some other iphone apps shared by our guest bloggers.
- AP Mobile: This free app is from the Associated Press which includes tons of news content and other happenings that are related to the personalities, sports, politics and other stuffs. There are push notifications for any breaking news that happen to suit your interests and likings. You can customize the look of your homepage with the kind of news that you want. The interface is little cluttered with ads and article rating but overall, the look and feel is good.
- New York Times App: The New York Times iPhone app is a mediocre application that fetches its feeds from the website. The app allows you to save article up to seven days and provides access to the Time’s in depth analysis and coverage. The interface is flashy and has a lot of social media sharing options like Twitter, Facebook and email. There are alerts for breaking news and it doesn’t even support the push notifications.
- CNN Mobile: If you prefer to watch the videos news then this app is for you. The app selects the optimum list of videos and other clips from various shows that are aired on CNN. You can also see the user generated content using the iReport tool. Now be the first to know about the latest in the world of entertainment, sports, politics, health and other fields. You can view, record and share the videos with your friends via social networking websites. This app is available for $1.99 from the iTunes and there are localised apps if you are situated outside US. They might cost you more.
- Easy News: This is a fine application that brings in the news from some of the popular newspapers right on your screen. The Easy News fetches in news from more than 20 news sites so that most of your time is spent on reading the news rather than searching for it. Additional features includes alerts and push notifications for any major breaking news, Social media sharing and bookmarking, Full Screen support, ability to include new news sites and homepage customization. The app is available for $0.99 from the iTunes.
- MSNBC: Now get benefitted from the award winning coverage and journalism from the NBC News Heritage and other trusted sources in the world. You can access the top headlines from the field of politics, business, weather, sports, technology and entertainment. Explore from wide array of videos and other posts that will cover almost everything that is happening in today’s world across all the fields.
Author Bio : Dan Jaslanek is tech enthusiast and business entrepreneur from Ottawa, Ontario. Dan’s company, EZ Support, is a notable IT shop in the Ottawa area, specializing in remote desktop IT assistance, web site design, and IT infrastructure management.