Tips to Promote your Blog on Tumblr
Updated October 6, 2023
How do you promote your blog? – A hot trending topic among bloggers. If you are a blogger, spending hours together in researching and writing a blog post isn’t the only chore. Actually the real game starts after creating your blog. Yes, you need to promote your blog to beat the millions of new blogs popping up in the blogosphere every day. There are many places where you can go promote your blog, take a look:
- Social Networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. It’s one among the easiest ways to promote your blog.
- Bookmarking sites like Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon, etc.
- Commenting on relevant blogs and forums.
- Guest posting on other websites related to your niche.
- Creating contests on your blog
Tumblr Related Posts
- To Tumblr OR To WordPress
- Using Tumblr to Feed Content to your Blog
- Pro and Cons of Using Tumblr for your Business
Apart from these, you can count on promoting your blog on Tumblr, as it has gained more importance recently. While many bloggers have already found this useful, some are still wondering ‘What is Tumblr?’ Well, Tumblr is a blogging platform as well as a social networking site that allows its users to post text, pictures, videos and links. Today, there are over 87 million Tumblr blogs with more than 13 million unique users per month. Around 72 million posts are being created every day accounting to a total of more than 39 billion posts on Tumblr.
In Tumblr, just like in Twitter, you will have to follow a blog to keep up with it. Once you start following a blog, posts from that blog will show up on your Dashboard similar to the Facebook Newsfeed. Promoting your blog on Tumblr, gets your blog exposed to the millions of bloggers on Tumblr. Since Tumblr has replaced its old directory with Explore and Spotlight features, you need to add appropriate tags to your articles. There are high chances of other users searching for those tags to follow your blog. The more followers you get the more the chance for posts to be liked and reblogged (a way to promote your blog). To promote your blog on Tumblr:
- Create a Tumblr blog, and add content relevant to the posts on your blog.
- Link your Tumblr post to the blog you are trying to promote.
- It’s good to have your blog listed on Spotlight. Spotlight is a place where the best blogs in specific categories are highlighted by Tumblr. So, try getting an invite from the Tumblr staff to get your blog highlighted.
- If not on Spotlight, try landing on Explore Page. Add relevant tags to your Tumblr post that are popular among the Tumblr users, so that your posts get listed on the Explore Page.
Tumblr is a site where rapid viral sharing takes place. Tumblr has the potential to drive a ton of traffic and attract readers to your blog. Your Tumblr blog entries can offer plenty of opportunities to link back to your blog, which boosts your search engine ranking. Tumblr is also a platform for you to interact with your target audience by posting regular updates, which also helps in maintaining a strong web presence.
Tumblr allows you to curate content, which is great for SEO. But keep in mind, content curation isn’t for everyone. Furthermore, you can try connecting your Tumblr account to Google Analytics, to track your progress and improve your blog.