Stellar Repair for Access: An Ultimate Solution for Repairing Access Database
Microsoft Access stores all the data, including tables, stored procedures, indexes, and queries in a structured manner in MDB or ACCDB files, depending on the version. At times, the database file gets corrupted due to hardware or software failure, power outage, large file size, and various other reasons. In such a situation, it is important to repair the corrupt database file as soon as possible to avoid any data loss.
A quick and smooth solution to repair the corrupt database file, without much effort and time, is by using an Access repair software, like Stellar Repair for Access. This software is powerful enough to repair highly damaged database files with ease. Let’s explore more details about this software – ranging from its functionality to pricing and features to pros and cons.
About Stellar Repair for Access
Stellar Repair for Access repairs corrupt Access database (.mdb and .accdb) files with high precision and complete integrity. It can recover all the components, like tables, modules, forms, indexes, and even deleted records, from the corrupted database file. The software also shows a preview of the repaired file before saving it. Given its reliability, you can be assured that this tool will recover your data in a safe and non-destructive manner.
Key Features of Stellar Repair for Access
Stellar Repair for Access comes with a bunch of useful features that make the repair process quick and smooth. Let’s quickly go through a few key features and benefits of this software:
- Comprehensive Repair Capability: The software can repair corrupt database file and recover all the objects, such as linked tables, queries, reports, forms, macros, tables, modules, indexes, deleted records, relations, and attachment data type. It can repair severely corrupt .mdb and .accdb files without any hassle. It can also repair Access 2019’s long number data type.
- Supports Split Database: This software can also repair split databases and recover corrupt linked tables. It can also restore the data stored in corrupted tables, linked by databases from multiple sources.
- Advanced Search Functionality: This tool offers option to search for specific objects within the repaired database.
- Recover Deleted Records: The software can also recover deleted records from the Access database file.
- Preview Functionality: This Access repair software shows an enhanced preview of tables, column information, reports, indexes, modules, forms, and other objects of the file.
- Compatibility: The tool works seamlessly with all Access versions – starting from 2002 through 2019. It is compatible with the x64 edition of Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11.
System Requirements for the Software
Before installing the software, you need to ensure your system meets the following requirements:
- Processor : Intel Compatible
- Required Memory : Minimum 4 GB. However, 8 GB of memory is recommended.
- Hard Disk : Minimum of 250 MB space for the installation files.
- Operating System : Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11
Downloading and Installing the Software
- You can download the Stellar Repair for Access from the Official Site.
- Then, double-click on the StellarRepairforAccess.exe file to start the installation process.
- After that, all you need to do is accept the license terms and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the installation process.
How to Repair Corrupted Access Database using the Software?
Now let’s take a look at the process of repairing database file using this Access repair software:
- On launching the software, you’ll see the Select Database dialog box on the main screen.
Note: You can also click on the Select Database option under the Home menu.
- In the Select Database dialog box, you will find two options – Browse and Find. If you know the location of the database file on your system, you can use the Browse option to select it. Else, you can click the Find option and specify a drive/folder/sub-folder. The tool scans the location and displays the Access database files.
- Select the corrupted file and click on Repair.
- On successful completion of the repair process, a dialog box will pop up with a message Selected MS Access database repaired successfully. Click OK.
- Post the repair, you can Preview the repaired data, such as Linked Tables, Queries, Forms, Macros, Tables, Modules, and Reports.
- Click on the object name in the left panel to view its enhanced preview on the right.
- You can use the Search option to find objects. Enter the desired name of the object in the search box. To find a specific object, you can click on the checkbox next to Match Case. If you know just a word or two, you can type in the word and click on the checkbox next to Match Whole Word. Then, click on Search to find the object.
- You can also click on Next or Previous to search more files with the similar term.
- To save the repaired file, select a location – Default or New.
10. Click on the checkbox next to Save Deleted Records to save the deleted records.
Note: The Save Deleted Records checkbox is checked by default if you’ve already selected the Show Deleted Records option from the menu tab. You will not be able to view the Save Deleted Records on the Save At dialogue box if you have selected a specific set of files from the file tree.
11. Click on OK to save the selected data. Once saved, you’ll see the message Repaired File Saved Successfully.
12. Click on OK to complete the process.
- Click on Save Log from the Tools tab on the Menu to save the log file. Select your desired location and click on Save.
This is how you can easily repair your corrupted Access database file.
Pros and Cons
|Simple user-interface that makes the process easy, even for non-technical users
|Only works with Windows OS
|Can repair damaged .mdb and .accdb Access files irrespective of the magnitude of corruption
|Allow to search for Access database files on the system
|Can recover deleted records
|Supports MS Access versions from 2002 through 2019, and also Microsoft Office 365
Stellar Repair for Access has three different versions. Let’s have a look at them:
- Free Version: This is a trial version and free to download. You can repair and preview databases but you cannot save them.
- Professional: Priced at $99 annually, the Professional edition enables you to repair corrupt Access database and recover all its objects. As it supports a single system, it is suitable for individuals.
- Technician: The Technician edition comes with all the features of the Professional edition and can be used on multiple systems. It costs $149 annually.
Stellar Repair for Access is a perfect software to address database file corruption issues – minor or major. The stepwise information made available on the tool makes it easy to use even for people with little technical knowhow. In our test, we found this software highly reliable and efficient. Considering its speed, user-friendly interface, and option to recover deleted objects, we rate Stellar Repair for Access a solid 4.8 out of 5. The downside of the tool is that it is available for Windows OS only.