Yahoo Messenger is a best and widely used messenger service all over the world. However, if you have viruses in your computer, it could possibly attack your Yahoo messenger client. The virus affected yahoo client automatically forwards suspicious virus links to your contacts, so beware and avoid clicking suspicious links that are forwarded from your friends.
The virus spreads fast with your Yahoo clients. It sends virus infected links from your ID to your contacts, and once they click on it, their yahoo will also get infected. Additionally, it sends your confidential data to the attackers. This bug is getting bigger and bigger with time, but don’t panic, following are some effective ways to clear out this problem with the Yahoo Messenger.
Some simple ways to detect this problem
- The virus bug sets your IE homepage as ‘nsl-school.org’ and you cannot change it at all. When you start IE on your PC, a few malicious applications will be executed automatically in the background.
- It would disable regedit or Task Manager. Therefore, you can’t end the suspicious programs anymore.
- Generally, the virus files would have names like svchost32.exe, svchost.exe and internat.exe and available in Windows directory.
Well, the prevention is always better than cure. Look at the following links that tend to appear when you sign in to Yahoo Messenger. Don’t ever click on them, even if you get them from your friends. This is actually the virus that sends it to you. The links would come as follows
- ‘Your friend has just won the lottery, and you too!’ including the link with it
- “Damn, She is too hot” loaded with virus link
- It will ask you like “Check out this link for me”
- Likewise, it will ask you to vote for a Viet beauty
Now, what you would do if your messenger is already been infected with these virus! Don’t worry, just go through the below mentioned steps.
Ways to remove the virus
- Close your Internet Explorer browser. Sign out of your Yahoo messenger and disconnect the Internet connection.
- Click Start, then Run and type ‘regedit’ to open Registry editor
- Now, you have to change your browser’s homepage to your default homepage. You can do this by accessing the following locations and change the website name
HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
- Now, it’s time to end the suspected process from the task manager. Right click on the Taskbar or press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the Task manager
- End the process naming ‘svchost32.exe’. There might be several ‘svchost32.exe’ programs running in the background, so check and delete all such processes properly
- Now, delete the svchost.exe and svchost32.exe files from the Windows directory
- Now, again go to Registry editor and search for svchost. Delete all the obtained results.
Now, just restart your computer and you are free from virus. The above explained steps usually work in getting rid of the virus from your system.
Author Bio:- Sussan Deyhim is an Educational IT Professional. Are you really looking for this Top Tech News assistance? Move ahead to take the benefit of Health Tips and pass your exam easily.