Amazon Web Services (AWS) has undoubtedly become one of the most coveted fields for IT professionals to build their expertise. After all, AWS happens to be the world’s leading provider of cloud infrastructure products and services. Numerous companies around the globe rely on AWS for their cloud infrastructure. These include businesses and organizations of various scales, including many of the Fortune 500 Companies. An increasing number of IT professionals opt for the AWS certified solutions architect certification due to the job opportunities it opens up. It is one of the most lucrative career paths for IT professionals interested in cloud technologies.
What does the AWS solutions architect role involve?
With AWS being a rather vast platform with numerous aspects, there are various fields where AWS professionals can build their expertise. Therefore, it has naturally given rise to different job roles as well. For example, a solutions architect usually has to take care of the following responsibilities:
- Choosing the best programming language, platform, and framework to create a solution
- Implementing technologies to find solutions for a business
- Looking for risks associated with third-party platforms and minimizing them
- Making decisions regarding future scaling and system maintenance
- Monitoring the system regularly to ensure that it fulfills the business goals
- Making decisions regarding the look and feel of software solutions
- Making sure that configuration management stays sustainable
Apart from these, solutions architects also have to look after the implementation of infrastructure and architecture. The job responsibilities are quite diverse yet crucial. Completing the AWS training and certification would get you ready for these roles. The certifications in this field hold great value as employers are always looking for skilled AWS solutions architects.
How do AWS certifications work?
Essentially, you would have to obtain the relevant certifications to establish yourself as an AWS solutions architect. AWS has launched its certifications in a well-organized and rule-oriented manner. Therefore, it implies that there are specific certifications for certain job roles. Furthermore, each certification validates a professional’s expertise for the relevant job role. Thus, to prove yourself eligible for a job in cloud security, you would have to obtain the appropriate certification.
What are the certifications that can help you become a solutions architect?
The AWS certifications exist in a tiered fashion, such that professionals can progress through them based on their skills and expertise. There are four tiers of AWS certifications:
- Foundational level
- Associate level
- Professional level
- Specialty level
The foundational level provides the fundamental knowledge of the AWS platform and helps professionals understand the various aspects of AWS. If you wish to become an AWS solutions architect, you might want to obtain the AWS certified solutions architect – Associate certification first. To earn it, you must possess a year of experience in implementing AWS cloud solutions. Then, you may eventually proceed to the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional certification. It requires two years of experience in using skills in AWS cloud to troubleshoot, operate and design solutions.
Are the certifications worth it?
There is absolutely no doubt that the importance and popularity of cloud computing have grown exponentially in recent times. The demand for skilled professionals in this field is extremely high, implying that the job prospects are lucrative. A certified AWS cloud developer can easily secure high remuneration. These certifications are a great addition to one’s professional portfolio. You can progress rapidly through your career as an IT professional once you obtain the relevant certifications. Moreover, preparing for the exams would also require you to develop various skills that would prove valuable.
How to obtain the certification and become a solutions architect?
You would first have to come up with an AWS certification pathway to follow. Once you have decided which certification you wish to pursue, you would have to start preparing. Here are some of the tips that you may follow:
- Practice: In such technical fields, practice is crucial. Hands-on experience would help you learn far better from studying only theoretical knowledge. So try to gain as much practical experience as possible.
- Training: It is highly advisable to undergo training from an experienced professional. The best way to go about this is to enrol yourself in an AWS certification course in one of the reputed institutions. It would give you access to excellent training facilities, infrastructure, and course materials.
- Forums: Joining communities like study groups and forums can be of help. It would help you be a part of quality discussions that would assist you in building your skills. Moreover, you may seek the guidance of more experienced professionals in the forum.
Essentially, preparing for an AWS DevOps cloud certification revolves around training and guidance. The more you consult experienced professionals, the more likely you are to perform well in the examination. The leading IT institutions like Koenig offer the necessary training facilities, course materials, and expert guidance.