We are always being told ‘there is an app for everything’, but is there? There’s no doubt there are a lot of apps out there, millions in fact, with new ones continuously being launched. Which means that after you have looked at places like lovefone.co.uk and made the tough decision of what phone to choose, you then have the even tougher decision of what apps to download.
There are the obvious apps you download straight away such as your social media, maybe your bank or a tube map. But now thanks to apps we can’t imagine a life where we didn’t edit our photos before uploading them. It is even possible to swipe our way to a potential boyfriend or girlfriend with an app.
Despite always hearing “there is an app for that”, here are 10 mobile apps that should exist, but don’t…
- Smelevision – Imagine if by the touch of your phone app you could smell what was on the TV. Great if you are watching a cookery program, not so great if you are watching a documentary on Britain’s sewers.
- Inkstagram – Taking inspiration from Instagram, a photo app but for tattoo-enthusiasts. They can both upload their body art and find inspiration for future pieces. When you find one you like it adds it to parts of your body to help decide where you would want it and more importantly if you really do want it.
- Personal Item Finder – We all know the feeling where we are running late but desperately searching the house for our keys or purse. What if we had an app that told us exactly where we had left them? It would save a lot of time!
- Scan n’ Shop – Ever seen a stranger in a dress that you love, but feel too awkward to ask where it is from? With this app, hold your phone up to the outfit and be provided with all the information you need.
- Social PA – You know when you are waiting for a friend to reply, only to check the text and realize you hadn’t replied to them? With messages coming through on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, and more, unless you reply straight away it is hard to stay on top of it all. How handy would it be if we had an app that reminded us when we had them outstanding?
- Speedy Shop – You’re doing a food shop and just want to shoot round, pick-up what you need and leave. But the shop is huge and you don’t know where everything is. With this app you put in what you are looking for and it tells you where it is, whether there is any in stock (offering an alternative if it isn’t) and directs you to the aisle location.
- Super-Chef – Do you only have a small amount of ingredients in the cupboard that you don’t know what to do with? This app will provide you with a recipe that means you don’t have to run out to the shop for any more ingredients.
- Attenborough’s Voice – Who doesn’t love listening to the dulcet tones of David Attenborough as he narrates us around the world? Imagine if he could read out anything you wanted through your phone.
- 3D Drawing – With the creation of 3D printing, how about an app that brings your drawings to life?
- Teleportation – With the advancements in technology and how futuristic the world is now becoming, surely it is about time that we teleport with the use of an app?