If you own a HTC Sensation or HTC Desire Android phone, you must be searching for a VPN service to secure your internet connections. You will undoubtedly choose a service that offers the best connection in terms of reliability, speed and stability. In addition the VPN service should also offer good customer support and should be affordable. Once you have selected the plan of your choice, you can read this post for step-by-step instructions on how to configure the VPN service on your HTC Android phone.
Configuring VPN on your HTC Android phone…as easy as ABC
Unlike popular belief, you do need to be a technology junkie or gadget geek to configure VPN connection on your HTC device. The steps for configuring a new VPN connection are quite simple:
- Open “Settings” from the dev ice “Menu” and tap open the “Wireless and Networks” page.
- Select “VPN Settings” to start configuring a new VPN connection on your HTC Smartphone.
- Touch the “VPN settings” tab to start adding details about your connection.
- First select the “Type of VPN” you want to add. The options include PPTP, L2TP, L2TP/IPSec PSK VPN and L2TP/IPsec CRT VP. Your VPN service provider must have provided you with this information.
- Depending on the Type of VPN service you select, you will then be prompted to add additional details like “VPN name”, “VPN server” etc. all of this information will be given to you by your VPN service provider when you buy your VPN plan.
If you select L2TP VPN…
L2TP is one of the most common type of VPN connection used by HTC Android customers. If you also bought a VPN plan following the L2TP protocol, then you will be asked to fill in four additional fields in VPN details:
- VPN Name (The name of the connection is completely your choice)
- VPN Server (This is an IP Address that will be provided to your by your VPN network administrator)
- L2TP Secret (This is a security key provided by your VPN service provider to authenticate if they are connected to the right mobile phone and server)
- DNS Search Domain (Do not change the default settings for this option)
After adding the four pieced of information, you can save the settings and exit to your home screen. Now you are all set up to start using a secure VPN connection to browse the Internet on your new HTC Smartphone.
Turning on VPN security on your HTC phone
Once you have configured VPN settings on your new HTC phone, you can start using it in just a few simple steps:
- Go to “Home”, tap the “Menu” icon and open “Settings”.
- Select “Wireless & Networks” and again open its “Settings”.
- You will be able to see the name of the VPN connection you just added. Select your VPN connection to connect to it.
- You will be asked to enter username and password information. This information will also be available to you from your VPN service provider.
- You know you are using a secure VPN connection when you see a continuous VPN icon in your status bar of the phone.
Author Bio:– I am Sara John Editor in Chief of VPN Ground. I am a tech enthusiast and love to share some useful tech tips like Best VPN and Best VPN for China which makes your life easy.