Long gone are the days when people had to deal with stacks of accumulated business cards, which ultimately posed a problem when it came to their storage. The reality is that a number of people are bound to lose several business cards over time, and after collecting a number of these cards they pose a problem when it comes to carrying them around. Apple and Android came up with the solution to this problem; the CamCard Business Card Reader is a mobile device application that helps in the organization and storage of business cards.
How does the application work?
The CamCard Business Card Reader is an innovative phone application that single-handedly stores and organizers business cards. With this application, you never have to worry about losing your business cards again or walking around with huge piles of business cards. The application is actually quite simply to use. While running the application, phone users can take snap shots of business cards using the phone’s integrated camera. The app is designed to recognize the content of the business card image and the results are automatically organized as phone contacts and saved into the phone’s card holder/address book. The application comes with the following features:
- It allows the phone user to access the business card image from the phone’s image files.
- The application automatically detects the card image language and rotation angle.
- The app supports double sided card image capturing and batch recognition.
- The image is automatically trimmed and tweaked before it is saved in the card holder.
- The saved image card can be stored in the phone’s address book as a vCard or in the card holder. The app also allows the user to export contacts as Excel CVS files.
- The application has the ability to recognize email signatures and it allows the user to save the image card on Gmail or outlook as well.
- The app supports Linkedin searches and invitations.
- Users can also attach notes to individual card images saved in the card holder/phone book.
- The app supports contact search and the saved card images can be password protected.
- The application supports several languages including English, simplified/traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Swedish, German, Danish, Spanish, Korean, Finnish, Norwegian and Portuguese.
The Android and Apple versions have a few differences but they basically function in the same way.
What to look out for when using the business card storage app
The application is not free from some technical glitches; for instance, sometimes the application fails to scan business cards properly leading to some missing words. However, the application gives the user a chance to proof the captured image before it is stored. The application is said to perform with 85% accuracy which is quite efficient, but it is always wise to have a back-up plan to avoid losing all the data stored on the app. The app however makes this simple by allowing users to sync the generated business cards with their emails and outlook. This guaranteed that the user always has a back-up of the data in case of a technical glitch that causes the device to malfunction leading to the loss of the saved data. Some consumers have also complained that when they take snap shots of business cards, the application fails to generate the captured images and instead generates other images from their photo files.
The free version of the app allows users to scan only 10 business cards daily. However, the full version priced between $6.99 and $11.99 allows users to access all the application functions and scan limitless numbers of business cards daily.