Online marketing provides a virtually limitless number of benefits, but some business owners are still hesitant to invest the time and money needed to develop a strategy. No matter your reasons for avoiding online marketing this long, here are some key reasons that should convince you to jump on the bandwagon.
1) Online marketing gives you access to a virtually limitless client base. As of March, more than two billion people, or 30% of the world’s total population, use the Internet. Simply put, if you’re not marketing your business online, you’re failing to reach thousands of potential customers, and thus missing out on a ton of money. Enough said.
2) Online marketing is cost effective. This isn’t to say you should stop advertising with traditional media altogether, but the cost effective nature of online marketing is indisputable. Allocating a significant portion of your marketing budget to online avenues will give you a bigger bang for your buck. For example, why send out coupons via snail mail when you can send them via e-mail for a fraction of the cost?
3) Online marketing is easy. Ok, that’s a huge generalization, but it is true to an extent. Online marketing success runs the gamut when it comes to effective implementation, however, setting up an online marketing campaign has never been easier for first timers. Even small business owners who know nothing about successful marketing campaigns can set up company profiles on social media sites, which is the quickest and easiest way to kickstart any online marketing approach.
3 ways to implement an online marketing strategy
Of course the more you know about online marketing before you get started, the better prepared you will be to optimize its potential from the get-go. However, you shouldn’t let a limited understanding of online marketing intimidate you because you’ll learn from your experiences as time progresses.
1) Invest in paid advertisements. Although this might seem obvious and self-explanatory, it should not be undervalued. You can drive online traffic directly to your company website by commissioning an advertising service to create pay-per-click ads, banners or other marketing widgets that showcase your business online.
2) Set up joint venture partnerships. This approach is comparable to joining forces with your competitor down the street to drum up more business sharing leads and/or sales. With online joint venture partnerships, though, you’re not limited to those you can partner with.
3) Reach out to customers you already have — virtually. Maintain relationships with current clients by interacting with them on Facebook or Twitter. Offer promotions and encourage feedback. From here you can branch out your virtual reach and build an even larger list of leads that your business can tap into.
To sum it all up, nothing but clear advantages await those who market their enterprises online. Unless you’re bombarded with more business than you can handle, you should be kicking your online marketing approach into full gear. Remember, your online marketing success is not reliant on your technological skills and knowledge of marketing, but on the effort you put into it.
Author Bio:- Danielle Rodabaugh is a marketing specialist for Surety Bonds.com, a nationwide surety bond producer. Danielle maintains the company’s various social media profiles and manages its Surety Bonds Insider blog, which is a leading publication within the industry. With three years of online marketing experience under her belt, Danielle writes to help entrepreneurs get their new enterprises up-and-running both efficiently and effectively.