Websites can be created both online and also offline using many kinds of software, for example, Dreamweaver Pro 2.0 and Adobe Photo Shop. But these are not the only software that you can use to create your own website. Given below are simple steps which you need to follow to come up with a website of your own.
In this tutorial, you will be explained the steps that you can take in Adobe Photo Shop to create a website. In case you want to use some other tool or some other software to design your website and you think that since this tutorial tells you about Adobe Photo Shop only then that is not the case, as the steps are almost the same for all software.
The very first step of the process is to form your document. There are four steps involved in preparing a document. These steps include:
- Open up the software
- Go to new file option on the top left side of the window
- Choose the width and height of the document. It is preferred to take it at around 935*900
- Choose the resolution to 72 DPL
These are the steps you need to know when you start making your website. Now it is suggested to everyone that the size must be 935*900 because you have to make it fit in a resolution of 1024. Also you have to consider the scrollbar to take up width.
There will be a page that will appear onto your screen. You have to choose options for your page. There are following ways by which you can modify your background.
- Add a color to your page from page properties.
- Maximize your window.
- Go to view and click okay to new guide.
- Hover your mouse and place it in the right edge by right clicking on it.
- You can also go to canvas image and set an image if you want to.
- Width can be changed to 18 units.
- You can also fill the places for the newly placed document which do not have color in them, with the help of the paint box.
You can design a logo as every website needs one. You can place it anywhere you want on the page. The logo can be made simply using “paint” or even “banner maker pro.”
After this you need to design your header. This header has to be designed with the logo. You can simply have a primary navigation and the logo on the top. You follow the following steps for this:
- Select the square dashed icon on the upper left corner of the tool menu on the left side: this is the marquee tool.
- You can left click and drag this to the place you want it to be.
- You need to select the paint bucket to fill color but make sure that there is black color in the box and then use right click for filling color inside the selected place.
The next very important thing about your website is the content after the header is done. You need to insert it from the left side as people always read content from left to right. You can insert the content using the simple type tool. But never use “smooth”. There are two different layers in which you insert your content. The first layer in which the bold posts are posted is inserted first. Then add the other content in the other layers. You can also add effects like the wet effect, the glittery effect etc. This can be done on the background of your content in the following ways:
- Create another layer and place this new layer underneath the two layers of text.
- Select the tool of paint brush and then select a diameter which can be big or small according to your choice.
- Then choose a color which is slightly darker than the color used in the background.
- Then you can paint the areas behind the text and have your desired effect created.
Now you need to add the footer. Making the footer is quite simple and easy. It is a lot similar to the header. You can also duplicate one of the layers of the header along with the rough part at the bottom of the header. You can also duplicate the text that served as navigation. You can add extra navigation to it and then align it rightwards for advertising purposes.
The next step is of image cutting and image inserting. You place it in the right place. You can add objects of media and flash here. You can place rollover image or some other feature of your choice.
The next step involves HTML. This is the step which you need to complete before jumping onto CSS. There are many ways by which people can accomplish the goal of HTML and CSS. You just have to copy paste a few codes and then cover them 1 after another. This is coded in these ways:
- Xhtml: it is the doctype on the header.
- The header html
- The header CSS: there are many lines which are covered in CSS than in html. There are different parts which are covered in CSS these include: body, clear, header, heading, footer.
- Top left content html
- Top right content of html
- Bottom left content of html
- Bottom right content of html
- Footer html
- Footer CSS
Once you are done with your html and CSS, you need to open your created website in other browsers like Firefox, IE7.0, etc.
Author Bio:- The author has been writing tutorials and web design related articles for many years now. He owns a successful SEO business too by the name Simple SEO Group. To know more about it, log on to SimpleSEOGroup.com