Mobile apps are not difficult to create and they certainly do not require expertise in web development. All that is needed is some web building tools which can be used by non developers and professional developers who can benefit from the tools and also write the apps in the code they know best. All the apps can be developed for the Apple iOS used for the iPhone, iPad and iPod, as well as the Android OS and Blackberry.
How to Build Apps
- Apple iOS Developer Program can be joined for an annual fee of $99. Thereafter, apps can be developed in Objective C which is Apple’s preferred language for coding.
- Android OS developers need to use Java as the programming language and can download the Android Software Development kit free of charge. A one-time developer registration fee of $25 has to be paid to Android as charges for distributing the app in the Android marketplace.
- Blackberry OS Developer Zone- The Blackberry offers one of the largest mobile networks and uses Java micro edition as the preferred programming language. Charges include $200 for every 10 apps, though there are promotional offers when this charge is waived off.
App Tools for Web Developers
- 1. MotherApp- Instead of developing apps in preferred codes of Apple, Android and Blackberry, MotherApp offers the option of developing an app in the special MotherApp HTML code, and send it to MotherApp, which gets the app ready for use in a matter of minutes.
- 3. Appcelerator also allows developers to write code in any language and use Titanium SDK to have the apps ready for Android OS and Apple iOS. This requires signing up for Titanium Professional for $199 per month or Titanium Enterprise for $699 monthly.
Tools for Non Developers
- AppMakr– This helps to build an app for the iPhone without knowing coding and comes free of charge.All that is needed is having an AppMakr account, which can be upgraded to, if you already are an Apple Developer. Phone help costs $120 which explains the steps to be followed for building the app.
- SaasMob– This is the best way to try your hand at apps, since it comes in one standard format and does not have too many confusing options. It comes for a monthly fee of $99 and offers a selection of customized color schemes, widgets and so on.
- MyAppBuilder- This is simple to use since you just need to get an app blueprint ready, complete with features and flowcharts, and submit it to AppBuilder. It gets the app for iOS ready and submits it as well to the iTunes store. The fee is a flat $29.
- MobiCart offers free development of a mobile commerce store. All that is needed is uploading the business logo, pictures of products and services, prices and color preferences, store tabs and contacts page, and the mobile store is ready. The store works in tandem with PayPal.
Hope you like the article, don’t forget to share on facebook and twitter.