If you have a blog, then you know how much hard work goes into creating content and gaining readership. Most likely, you also make use of your time online by interacting with friends and associations on Facebook in order to spread awareness for your blog. Facebook is the most widely visited social networking site in the world, its users spanning the globe. Why not concentrate on optimizing your Facebook advertising? It’s not enough just to promote your blog on your page. What many bloggers don’t know is that Facebook features a very handy advertising platform that actually enables you to develop your own ads that will display on the sidebar of Facebook pages and profiles, and that it’s easier to do than you might think! Here are five tips for creating a great Facebook advertisement to promote your blog:
- Choose your target audience. Facebook lets you choose the people who will view your ads. Set your own guidelines by choosing from variables such as age, gender, workplace, relationship status, geographic location, and even keywords. Let your advertisement speak to those you most write for.
- Have your ads send people directly to your Facebook Page, Group, or Event. Sure, it’s also an option to direct those who read your ad directly to your blog, but remember that every time a person becomes a fan, likes, or RSVPs your Page, Group, or Event, it shows in that person’s activity feed. This means that countless others who may never have heard of you or your blog could be incited to investigate.
- Keep it simple. Your headline can only have twenty-five characters, so have a very limited space in which to make a big statement. Choose your words carefully, and choose them for impact. Don’t try to sell yourself. You have a change to expound on your blog’s finer features further into the ad, so craft a headline that will get attention. Facebook offers you the option of uploading a photo to your ad. DO IT! This could be the most important feature of your ad so, again, choose carefully.
- Create multiple versions of the same ad. Test each version and keep records of your response. This may sound time-consuming but it is well worth the effort. When you think about it, it is your money and energy that you are spending. Make the most of it by ensuring your ad’s effectiveness.
- Use the Facebook Insights tool to monitor your ad’s user interaction. The Insights tool actually lets you know the demographics and keywords associated with those who click on your ad – invaluable information when it comes to setting your target audience parameters and tweaking your ad to get it just right.
Facebook advertisements are a great way to market your blog, and Facebook’s user-friendly interface makes it easy. Facebook has over 400 million users worldwide, making it an ideal platform from which to promote your site. So set up your blog Page or Group and start letting people know about it!