Of late, the cellphone users tend to have either an iPhone or an Android powered phone. So, it becomes difficult to express your identity with phones of same Operating system coming with similar ringtones. To differentiate your iPhone or Android powered device from another phone you need to choose a good and preferably unique ringtone. If you have a unique ringtone then while in a crowd or a gathering, you can easily understand when you receive phones calls or SMSs. To do so, you must have to avoid the default ringtones that almost everyone uses. The process of creating your own custom ringtone is pretty simple. Here’s how to do it on your iPhone:
Creating Custom Ringtones on iPhone
- Open Apple’s Music player, iTunes.
- Look for songs present in your hard drive and chose a song or tune that you want to convert into a ringtone.
- Right click on the song & chose Get Info.
- Then click on the Options tab.
- Key in the start & the end time of your ringtone and then click OK.
- Back in the iTunes window right click on the selected song and click on “Convert Selection to AAC.” This will prompt iTunes to convert the song and create a duplicate version of it.
- Right click on the newly created small version of the song and then select Show in Windows Explorer. This way you will be able to locate the file on your computer.
- Right click on the newly created file and rename the file.
- Change the extension of this file from .m4a to .m4r.
- Double-click on this .m4r file and thus it will be added to the Tones section in iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to PC or Mac and simply sync your ringtones.
Author Bio:- You can make iPhone ringtones following the above mentioned simple steps.