Understanding shopping carts to build user-specific experiences for an e-commerce site
E-commerce is a medium that offers a dynamic, user centric experience for online customers. It is a powerful technology that brings buyers and suppliers together via a virtual medium, more often. In other words, it renders more business transactions by empowering users to shop even from the comfort of their homes or offices. Electronic means, boosts secure and personal transactions even via multiple devices at any given time.
Building Blocks Of An E-commerce Site
A highly dependable software is the first and foremost requirement of an e-commerce site. This software must be capable enough to handle several tasks involving customer and business needs. Keeping in mind the site’s sales strategy certain elements hold immense importance for an e-commerce site. These are shopping carts, inventory trackers, modes of payment and issue resolving time which can make or break the whole shopping experience of an online customer.
Shopping Carts – Can Make or Break The Whole Shopping Experience
Let’s take a look why an e-commerce site needs shopping carts:
- Shopping Carts helps shoppers to manage their online bought products. They can track their own purchase history and in a way manage their online expenses with a particular e-commerce site.
- With shopping carts users can build a repository of potential products and select the ones they are most likely to buy. Thus, widening the number of options they have available in-front of them.
- Users get a secure and safe online transaction method. Moreover, the freedom to experience cashless shopping, at their own convenience.
- Customers who use shopping carts more often do their via their online accounts. Doing this they get the benefit of instant customer support along with a host of self-help tools.
- Shopping carts gives the liberty to users to make purchases at their own convenience without having the added pressure to finish purchases at a fixed time-frame.
- Regular shopping cart users become eligible to a number of discounts and coupons during peak seasons such as festivals or bulk sale periods.
- With shopping carts users can purchase a number of different products like games, sports items, educational stuff, lifestyle products and much more.
- Lastly, with shopping carts users do not have to feed their shipping information or any other required data again and again into the site.
Quick Tips For Creating User-Friendly Shopping Carts
Placement Of Carts: Place shopping carts at a place on the site which is easily visible to your user. The best location is the top-right hand corner of the site.
Design Of Carts : Create visually appealing carts that users can quickly find on the site. Beautiful carts will also be a delight to use by your customers.
Build Custom Carts: Give your users the freedom to customize the shopping carts as and when they wish to. Personalized carts are inviting for customers than static carts.
To wrap it up
An e-commerce business is a viable solution for both business owners and their customers. Moreover, it provides more freedom, security and custom experience for every transaction that occurs on it.
Author Bio:- Albert Vang works for PLAVEB, a leading e-commerce shopping cart development company in Los Angeles. He is a water person and loves underwater diving. He also enjoys reading science journals.