Perhaps you’ve noticed the many empty store windows at your local shopping centre with signs saying ‘for lease’ or ‘closing down?’ Welcome to the future – where the traditional bricks-and-mortar establishments are now being overtaken by online stores.
Not only are these virtual stores more convenient as they allow shoppers to buy products 24/7 from the comfort of their own home, but it is also extremely advantageous for you, the owner. When you’re ready to create an online presence that will turn your visitors into repeat customers, there are a few things you need to look for in eCommerce websites and software:
1. Price: The first thing you should look at when it comes to eCommerce websites is how much it is going to cost you. Your budget plays a big part in the set-up, and the prices should be up front and not subject to any confusion or strange terminology. Reliability and trust is essential here, so make sure you avoid a business that offers vague promises or wordy contracts.
2. Shopping Cart Software: Simple, straightforward and secure is all you need to confidently sell your products online. The shopping cart software should be professionally made and easy to use for your customers and yourself.
3. Design: The greatest eCommerce websites have designs that capture the attention of their customers. Bland websites don’t do justice for anyone, so ensure you find a web designer that can perfectly reflect your business with the right layout, colours, text, and images.
4. Quick Customisation: When and if you need to, you should be able to easily change themes or anything that requires tweaking, by yourself. After all, you don’t want to have to depend on a business to change even the slightest thing on your own website.
5. Tools & Reports: It’s what’s behind the scene that matters as much as the website itself. Your website should have software that can generate reports, provide analytical data, and encourage SEO.
Reviewing eCommerce software and websites can seem like a time-consuming task to some, but it is essential that you have the right tools to make it successfully online. Before you commit to any web hosting package, ensure these five tools come with your online store for maximum exposure, results, and profit.