In this post I want to share a very simple tip related to Vista Operating Systems, about extending and shrinking Vista Disk Partition. In this article I am going to use Disk Management to extend and shrink vista disk partition. This is the most easiest way to shrink and extend vista partition. There is no need to use any other software for this purpose.
Extending windows vista partition
- Go to Start Menu-Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Double Click Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management.
- Right click on vista disk partition that you want to extend and select the extend option
- Click Next in the Extend Volume Wizard.
- You will then see all the available space to be extend for vista partition.
- Select the amount of disk space you want to extend
- Click NEXT and Confirm and click FINISH
- After shrink the partition, You can click the new partition and format it the way you want it.
Shrinking Windows Vista Partition
- Start Menu -> Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Double Click Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management.
- Right click on vista disk partition that you want to shrink and select the shrink option.
- Then , A pop-up box will be appear and you need to enter the amount of space you want to shrink the partition by (By default, the maximum is entered).
- Click Shrink and Vista partition application will start to shrink the disk according the amount that you enter.
This is the easiest way to shrink and extend vista partition. You can easily Extend and Shrink Vista Partition by following the above simple steps. Try the above steps and let me know, if you have any difficulties. Post comments in the comments section below.