Whether your dentistry business has been established for years or you’re just hitting the ground running after finishing school, marketing is an absolute requirement for growing your brand. In the modern day, gone are the traditional forms of advertising on billboards and leaving flyers for people to see.
Digital marketing has become the primary strategy companies use to get their product or service in front of the public. With an staggering estimated compound annual growth rate of 19.4% through 2030, it’s clear that businesses need to invest in this style of marketing to see growth.
One subset of digital marketing that can be particularly helpful for driving local business is social media marketing. Learning the ins and outs of this subset can help any dentistry business drive more customers to their door.
What is Social Media Marketing?
For those who aren’t actively using social media, social media marketing (SMM) uses social media platforms and networks such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and others to market products or services to potential customers. Social media offers a level of connection to customers and a plethora of customer data that is unrivaled.
Additionally, social media platforms have algorithms that help to ensure your advertisements are shown to people most likely in need of your services. Marketers can track the success of their campaigns and use tips to improve their overall engagement.
The Importance of Social Media Marketing
Learning how to integrate a social media marketing strategy as a dentist is so important because of the three categories in which SMM helps: connectivity, interaction, and customer data. Social media puts businesses in front of potential customers on a wider scale than ever before. More and more people use social media on a daily basis, which means they have the potential to see your advertisement.
Additionally, it allows for customers to share your marketing with others who may benefit from your service using electronic word-of-mouth. As your advertisements get shared more and more, they will be seen more prevalently on social media sites.
Finally, SMM allows for more hands-on viewing of customer data that can show a business which marketing strategies work and which don’t. To successfully create a SMM campaign, you will need to start by creating a strategy.
Benefits of SMM
As evident by the above, there are a number of benefits to implementing an SMM strategy within your organization. Most notably:
- Improved website and business traffic
- Better audience engagement
- Potential to become a thought leader in your space
- Improvement of your brand
- Better customer service will cause better business reviews
- Improved impact on sales and in-person conversion rates
- Ability to study the competition around you to develop a better marketing strategy
- You can potentially retarget customers who didn’t follow through in the past
- You can gain greater insights into your audience and their needs
- A business can stay on top of the trends in their industry
- A business can acquire better talent
5 Steps to Start Creating an SMM Strategy
When looking at implementing SMM for your dentistry business, there are five main SMM setup steps you need to take in order to begin:
- Identify what you’re marketing goals are by clarifying business objectives
- Identify who your target customer is by looking at age, income, industry, and more
- Complete a competitive analysis on your competition to see what was successful and what failed
- Start advertising and develop a content calendar for your SMM strategy
- Track the performance over time to see which advertisements are paying off and which aren’t
Balancing social media advertising with your work in the dentistry business can be a challenge. For those who have a budget that supports it, hiring talent who can handle the social media side of things may be a smart choice. That person doesn’t even need to sit in your office. So long as they have an understanding of your business and its location, they can develop an effective campaign from anywhere.
Grow your dentistry business faster than ever
Growing a business is never easy, even if that business has been around for years and already has a reputation. You always need to be bringing in new customers, but the way in which those customers are found is rapidly changing. Traditional advertising still has some benefits, which means funds shouldn’t be completely diverted from it, but social media marketing investments should absolutely be included in your budget this year.