This is one of the most important question, that whether a blog should be dofollow or nofollow. This discussion has taken place when nofollow attribute was introduced in 2005. Some bloggers will suggest to leave nofollow attribute on your blog and some will suggest to add dofollow attrible to your blog.
Each has there own advantages and disadvantages. But before making any decision you have to ask from your self, that whether nofollow is good or dofollow is good for your blog. Below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of dofollow and nofollow blogs.
Advantages of Dofollow Blogs
- Dofollow blogs attract visitors
- More comments on your blog
- Backlinks for your blog
- Popularity of your blog
- Link Exchange Requests from other Dofollow Blogs
- Increase in Page Preview
Disadvantages of Dofollow Blogs
- Allot of spam comments
- It will take time to moderate every single comment
- Link Juice will be distribute on all out bond links
Advantages of Nofollow Blogs
- Spammers will not spam your blog
- Only interested visitor will post comments on your blog
- less time to moderate comments
- Link Juice will not be distributed on those link which will includes in comments.
Disadvantages of Nofollow Blogs
- Less amount of comments
- Some Bloggers will not share there opinion, because of nofollow attribute
But still i must say that it depend on the nature and need of a blog. Which attribute better suit your blog, add that attribute. If you can manage your blog comments carefully then add dofollow, but if you have no such time, then leave the default nofollow attribute. If you want to remove nofollow attribute then read the previous post.