Android application development is fairly popular these days. But the popularity has been contributed by fewer apps, not all. It means that not all Android apps are equally successful. It happens because of the neglectfulness of developers. While building applications, developers ignore lots of things.
If developers want success, their end-product should perform perfectly. Apps should be free of bugs and errors. They should also pass their apps through various Android SDK tools for detecting problems related to performance, productivity and functioning.
Android apps work on both smart phones and tablets. They have certain limitations related to speed, loading, display, memory, etc. Still, these are more reliable and stable in comparison of apps for other platforms. However, Android apps have many issues as well. A common problem with these apps is that they quickly drain battery of the device. If it is draining the battery in a strange manner, consider that it has a bug to be fixed. It is one of the examples of issues that developers create while building an app for Android.
The post covers some tips that developers can follow during the development of an Android application:
- The first tip is that developers avoid adding irrelevant features and functions in an application. Adding numerous features does not only confuse users but also affects the performance of the app. New developers often make this mistake, but experienced developers know that an app with limited features has more chances to perform better than the app with limitless features.
- You should be determined for the purpose of developing an app. The idea that the app focuses on should be different and unique. As a developer, you should first develop the idea and then the app.
- When using C or C++ language, developer should try to brush aside virtual methods. They can use GET and SET methods in place of virtual methods.
- Do not use a complex design or layout. Simple designs mostly deliver grand success.
- You should use integer value in place of floating point values. Floating point values take 2-4 times more space than integer values.
- Developers are using various types of layouts, but you can easily observe that successful apps are often based on either Relative layouts or Grid layouts. Both types of layouts add quality to your project.
- Try to add a database with each of your apps. A database will help you easily optimize queries.
If you keep these tips in our mind while developing the app, you have more chances of obtaining a successful Android app.