One of the most difficult aspects of blogging is staying on top of things and staying organized. As any blogger will tell you, it’s easy to start a blog, but it’s pretty difficult to maintain one. Whether you are a professional blogger or a hobby blogger, there are a number of web applications and mobile applications that can help you become a better blogger and create a better blog. These must-have applications help organize, market, and inspire your blog.
1. PingDom: As we all know, there is nothing worse than going to your favorite blog or website and having it be down or not operating properly. PingDom is essential for bloggers who want to deliver the best blog experience possible. This app will notify you whenever your blog is down or your site is experiencing technical difficulties. One of the easiest ways to deter readers from your blog is to have a site that does not work and is unreliable. PingDom is a free app for Apple products that can help alert you to any technical issues that occur.
2. Byline: With dozens upon dozens of RSS readers available on the market, it can be difficult to determine which ones are useful and which ones are not. Byline is a great RSS reader for bloggers to use. With a comprehensive interface and headline display style, you can easily track several different blogs, feeds, and other sites.
3. Evernote: This app is perfect for any web user. Allowing you to type notes, save websites, store pictures, and so much more, Evernote is perfect for the busy blogger on the go. If you are out and away from your computer but inspiration strikes, Evernote is great for jotting down quick ideas or lines. With an intuitive interface and endless features, Evernote is an app that you can use for months without tapping into its full potential. Blogger or not, Evernote allows you to save websites, notes, recipes, pictures, and much more.
4. DropBox: This app allows you to store all or your photos, documents, videos, and files in one place that is accessible from anywhere that has internet access. Working with cloud technology, Dropbox stores anything you want and is accessible at all times. Any new files that are uploaded to your Dropbox are automatically synced to your Dropbox account which you can access through your phone or other mobile device. This can be a lifesaver for bloggers who are constantly on the go or traveling. With access to your material at all times, you will always have a way to upload a new blog post or edit an old post. This app is essential for almost anyone. Acting as an external hard drive, with Dropbox you can be sure that you won’t lose any of your precious material off your computer.
5. ShoZu: Allowing you to connect to all of your networks from one location on your phone, this application is great for bloggers using social networking to promote their blog. While the price tag is a little hefty ($5), ShoZu helps you stay in touch and stay updated on many different networking sites. Supporting over 50 social networks, this app is continuing to grow. ShoZu will save bloggers a significant amount of time when promoting their blog posts and help them to keep things organized.
Author Bio: This is a guest post by Nadia Jones who blogs at online college about education, college, student, teacher, money saving, movie related topics.