Google+ is a new but rapidly growing social networking website developed by Google. Its easy, user friendly interface and the super cool features has made Google + one of the best social networking website. Although it is not yet open to public but people can join Google+ through invitations.
I got a chance to checkout Google Plus and i found it very interesting and entertaining community. Although some of the features are just like Facebook, but Google Team has said that there are much more to come and this is just the beginning. Hope there will be lots more…
Before joining Google+ you should know 39 things about Google Plus listed below.
- You can only join Google+ if invited by some one.
- Google+ App is only available for download for Android.
- Google+ is not a competitor of Facebook.
- After downloading the Android App its splits off “Huddle” feature as a separate application.
- Its user can post status updates, which appears in google profile under “Post” tabs. +1 and buzz tabs are separate.
- The features currently available in G+ are just the beginning and there are lots more to come.
- Circles is one of the feature available in G+ which is just like Facebook Group “Like” which allows users to share things with friends.
- There is a unplanned meetup feature in G+ named as “Hangouts” ‘which allows users to video chat in groups.
- Spark is feature available that allows users to share links and videos with friends.
- Huddle is a feature available for Android users to chat.
- User can upload photos through mobile phones to account easily.
- Any thing shared in G+ is added to stream and is further shared with the friends streams.
- Stream feature = Facebook Feed News
- Stream feature allow to see friends sharing.
- Using the symbols + and @ you can notify some one about a post, link or video.
- Stream filtering option is also available.
- You can see specific posts in a certain streams.
- Within the stream you can also chat with the friends online.
- If you don’t like any content you can report it.
- Search Box feature is coming that will allow you to search in streams.
- Searching option is available to find some one.
- Reshare option is available to reshare a post with friends in your stream.
- Editing or deleting a post is available. You can also leave a comment on a post.
- If you are subscribed to a post and don’t to receive comments from it, you can simply click on “Hold” button.
- Once a post is shared, you can’t edit its setting.
- Must read the Privacy of G+.
- In China Google+ is blocked.
- According to Financial Times article you can share some thing within a closed circles and others can make it public.
- You can access or receive notification updates from the Google+ bar appearing on all google products like Gmail, Adsense and Webmaster Account.
- When you signed in to your account your name, email address is displayed on the page so that you can know that which account you are login to.
- When you signup for Google+ you are also signing up for Picasa web albums so that all your uploads can be stored there.
- If you have enable multi sign-in option you can then login to multiple Google+ accounts.
- You can use Goolge+1 button from the stream.
- Even you can view public content without being invited.
- The design is just like Facebook.
- With G+ google adds “You” link to the recently redesigned navigation bar across all google properties.
- You can have a tons of friends on G+ there is no limit.
- You can also import contacts from Facebook to invite to G+ and add to your circles.
- Invitations are also available on ebay.
- So far google has received very positive response from the internet community.
There are lots to come and this is just the beginning as said by the Google Team. I personally like G+ as compare to Facebook. However i can’t leave FB, because of the efforts i have made there. Hope in the near future G+ will introduce more exciting features and will make it the No1 social networking website.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts about Google+