Ok Thesis 2.0 is now available but there are lots of bugs and compatibility issues. I recommend every blogger not to upgrade your blog from the current version to thesis 2 until you check the new version on a test blog. Even on test blog if you install thesis 2 you will still get errors and your blog will not load. The only thing you will see is “A blank white page”, in that case you need to follow the following tips.
Installing Thesis 2.0
1. You need a test blog to check how thesis 2 works. Don’t upload it to your current blog, first upload it to a test blog.
2. Ok upload thesis 2.0 and activate it.
3. Now you need to click on “Click to get started!” button at the top left side of the screen.
4. After clicking on the link you will see a thesis 2 installation page.
5. Click on “Return to Thesis” link and you are done.
Now this is very unexpected thing from Diythemes. At least they should have used a “Big Ass” type button for the “Click to get started” button so that users can see it. Anyway i know they were in hurry because the whole community was waiting for the thesis 2.0.
Upgrading Thesis to Thesis 2.0
The theme will not work with SimplePress Plugin, so if you are using it you need to deactivate it.
According to Chris in a tweet in response to a user about upgrading existing blog to thesis.
“One option to try is deactivate ALL plugins, try the thesis legacy plugin + Thesis 2 again, and see what happens.”
1. Install “Thesis Legacy Plugin” on your existing blog.
2. Upload Thesis 2.o and activate it.
3. Click on “Click to get started!” button
If every thing is fine then your blog will be upgraded to thesis 2.o. If there is any problem revert back to the old version and wait for official solution from Diythemes.
I suggest you to rename your thesis 1.85 version with another name so that you can revert back in case of any issues. Always take backup before making any changes in your blog.
Thesis 2.0 is very different from the old versions. The coding the structuring every thing, so you need to get support from the diythemes for all the issues.
I recommend not to upgrade your current blog especially in situation like this, where the offical tutorial is really needed in order for the things to go smoothly.
Anyway thesis 2.0 is looking a great theme, but let’s see how diythemes is going to handle the issues and provide “as promised” SUPPORT.